WrestleMania Axxess fan information
March 29, 2016
Make your trip to Axxess as comfortable and convenient as possible by checking out these handy tips.
WrestleMania Axxess is an immersive WWE experience like no other. If you are attending this year's festivities, here are some tips to help make it as enjoyable as possible.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and leave strollers at home as there is no stroller check.
- If you don’t want to carry around coats or jackets, make sure to leave them in the car or at home, because there is not a coat check available.
- Bring a personal camera or camera phone. Though we will provide photographers at certain designated photo stations, you will want to take snapshots at areas beyond the photo stations.
- Autograph mats will be available for the Superstars to sign at the autograph stations, but if you want to bring a family-friendly item of your own, you can! But please remember that Superstars at autograph stations can only sign one item and cannot take posed photos.
- If you are driving to the event, the closest parking lot to the entrance is the located at the convention center garage. There is a directions page on the convention center’s website, with a convenient direction line at (214) 939-2700.
- If you are being dropped off and picked up, that can take place right in front of the convention center. The address is: 650 S. Griffin St, Dallas, Texas 75202. Once inside, look for Halls A & B or WrestleMania Axxess-specific signage.
- If you have purchased a VIP ticket, look for the VIP line near the entrance to the Halls. This will ensure you get your VIP wristband upon entry, which will tell you when to line up for your VIP experience. Remember, if you don’t arrive at your designated time, we unfortunately can’t guarantee your VIP experience.
- Maps will be available at the information desk as you enter Axxess, or you can explore what is around every corner on your own.
- If you have tickets for multiple sessions in one day, we appreciate your cooperation with leaving the Hall at the end of each session, as our staff needs time to clean and reset all of the activities. The sooner everyone exits, the sooner we can reopen the doors!