Effective May 25, 2018
"Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including first and last name; ethnicity; business contact information; home or other physical address; an e-mail address or other online contact information; home or mobile telephone number; and credit and debit card numbers.
We collect, use and disclose these types of Personal Information to provide the requested Services to you, or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested Services.
Collection of Personal Information
WWE collects Personal Information from users of our Services in a number of ways, including:
Through the Services.
We collect your Personal Information through the services, e.g., when you:
- Subscribe to our free newsletters, including updates, special offers and promotions;
- Participate in contests and sweepstakes;
- Register for accounts or profiles, including Single Sign-On;
- Purchase merchandise, WWE Network subscriptions, and any other products or services;
- Send e-mails via various links on our Services; or
- Use the Services, such as click links and place items placed in your shopping cart.
- We collect your Personal Information through the services, e.g., when you:
- We collect Personal Information from you offline, e.g., when you attend one of our shows, place an order over the phone, or contact customer service.
From Other Sources.
- We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as Facebook Connect or other OpenID providers, public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties. In addition, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
The use of any of the Services is entirely voluntary; however, if you do not provide the Personal Information requested, you might not be able to register or the Services may not be available for your use.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business interests, including:
Providing the functionality of the Services and fulfilling your requests.
- To provide you with the Services.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, complete your transactions, and provide you with related customer service.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you based on your information, preferences and interests, including how you use and interact with the Services and any content provided thereon.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Personalizing the Services.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you based on your information, preferences and interests, including how you use and interact with the Services and any content provided thereon.
- To allow you to use a single set of credentials to access the Services.
We will provide personalized Services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Allowing you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and other promotions.
- We may offer you the opportunity to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities.
- Some of these activities have additional rules containing information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
We use this information to manage our contractual relationship with you.
For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities.
- We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be shared:
- World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
With our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These may include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
With third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications.
- This sharing will be consistent with your choices, and as permitted by (and in compliance with) laws of your jurisdiction (including laws requiring your consent to third party marketing uses of your Personal information).
- With third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages).
- Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
We may also use and share your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. Other Information includes:
• Browser and device information;
• App usage data;
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
• Location data;
• Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and
• Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
• Through your use of the App. When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
• Using pixel tags and other similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
• IP Address. Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
• Approximate Location. We may collect the approximate location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content and so that we may serve you the correct version of the application. We may also share your device’s location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content. If you no longer wish to have location-based information collected for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. If you are in the EU, please click here. If you no longer wish to have your location collected or used, you may opt-out by turning this off at the device level.
• Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies. We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information”, how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Third Party Services
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
• Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the e-mail communications you receive or contacting us at email@example.com;
• Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
• Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at email@example.com.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out. Please note, deactivating an account is not the same as opting out from marketing. If you deactivate your account(s) with us and do not wish to continue receiving marketing messages, please opt-out as described above.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
You may correct, delete, or update some of the Personal Information associated with a particular account by, clicking here and signing into the relevant account. Other Personal Information may be corrected or updated by contacting us via: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are in an European Economic Area (EEA) country and would like to request to review, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us via: email@example.com. If our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information is based upon your consent, you may withdraw that consent (as applicable to future collection, use or disclosure) also by contacting us via: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by writing to email@example.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) whether retention is legally advisable (for example, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
WWE is committed to providing protection for the privacy of children who may visit our Services. We encourage parents to become familiar with the features of our Services and participate in the activities offered on our Services. For more information on getting involved in your children's online activities, please go to our WWE Parents site.
We do not knowingly solicit, collect, use or retain any Personal Information, for any purpose whatsoever (including internal or external marketing or promotional purposes), from visitors to these Services who are under the age of 13. In addition, we will delete any records of such Personal Information that come to our attention.
If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information at one of our Services, we invite you to notify us so that we may delete the information from our records and discontinue any related features or services (see "Opt-Out" below). We appreciate your cooperation in assisting us to provide a safe and enjoyable online experience for your children.
Jurisdiction and Cross-Border Transfer
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by following this link.
You may also contact at us by postal mail or telephone at:
WWE Member Services
1241 East Main Street
Stamford, CT 06902
World Wrestling Entertainment (Int'l) Limited (UK)
WWE Germany GmbH
WWE Properties International, Inc. (Mexico)
WWE Middle East FZ-LLC
World Wrestling Entertainment (Int'l) Limited (India)
WWE Properties International, Inc. (Shanghai)
WWE Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
WWE Japan LLC
Additional Information for Individuals in the EEA
If you are located in the EEA, you also may:
• Contact our data protection officer by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (203) 674-6544; and
• File a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
APEC Cross-Border Privacy Rules System