"World of Warcraft: Cataclysm"
Blizzard Entertainment: RPG
In stores: Dec. 7, 2010 (Mac and PC)
Can you smell what Blizzard Entertainment has been cooking? If so, the odor was probably caused by a dragon or fire bolt inside World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. As a gaming intercontinental champion -- holding the Guinness World Record for being most popular MMORPG game in the world -- WOW's latest expansion looks more than prepared to successfully defend its title.
- Cataclysm gives Azeroth Kingdom a complete makeover of devilish proportions, thanks to the destruction of the continents by Deathwing the Destroyer / Sort of like ringside at Night of Champions after Kane defeated The Undertaker in the No Holds Barred Match.
- New races have been added to the game as playable characters for both of the game's chief groups. As the Hordes welcomed the Goblins with open arms, the Alliance gladly accepted the help of the beastly Worgens, resulting in, not one, but two powerful "Evolution-like" factions for the fantasy world.
- With hundreds of new quests, skills, raids and player vs. player battlegrounds, Cataclysm presents more options than a Tables Ladders & Chairs Match. Warning: Don't be surprised if you call into work sick with an overload of Warcraft fever.
- As Wade Barrett would probably say "You're either with WOW or against us" because whether you like it or not, the world of Azeroth is changing for everyone. If you don't plan on buying the latest expansion, your game is still getting the new look without any of the perks.
- If you already achieved main event Superstar status by reaching level 80 in WOW, don't expect to climb the ladder of glory all that much in the new installment. The level cap for Cataclysm has only been increased by five levels rather then the usual 10.
- Everybody has a price. And buying the new WOW expansion definitely means you'll have less "money in the bank." Not only do you have to pay around $40 for the latest in features, but you still have to pay the subscription fees in order to play the game.