WWE wins at fifth annual Shorty Social Good Awards
WWE enjoyed a win at the fifth annual Shorty Social Good Awards, which was held as a digital ceremony on Thursday, Nov. 19.
WWE Advanced Media Group captured a win for WWE's first-ever no makeup photo shoot, which featured many of WWE's prominent female Superstars without makeup, including Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Rhea Ripley, Ruby Riott, Carmella, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai and Dana Brooke.
WWE was named a finalist in the following categories in the Shorty Social Good Awards:
- Category: Sports – WWE: WWE's first-ever no makeup photo shoot
- Category: Sports – WWE: WWE Community Relations
- Category: Sports – #TheRealHeroes Project: 72andSunny Los Angeles, Sports United: MLB, MLS, NFL, NHL, NBA, WNBA, ATP, WTA, NWSL, USGA, NASCAR, Activision, EA, WWE
- Category: Accessibility – WWE: Special Olympics and WWE Launch School of Strength Fitness Campaign
- Category: Medical Research – WWE: Together, Tougher Than Cancer (WWE’s partnership with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society)
The Shorty Social Good Awards honor the social good initiatives brands, agencies and nonprofits that are taking to make our world a better place. While the Shorty Awards have long-honored the best of social media and digital, this competition includes efforts made by organizations to improve sustainability and diversity internally, foster globally-minded business partnerships and increase employee community and civic engagement.