‘WWE Classics' features best of Madison Square Garden action
Satellite TV owners and our fans in the New York City area can go back in time tonight for some legendary ring action as WWE Presents Madison Square Garden Classics debuts at 8 p.m. ET on MSG Network.
The show, hosted by WWE Hall of Fame announcer "Mean" Gene Okerlund, will chronicle famous WWE contests at the World's Most Famous Arena, featuring such luminary legends as Nature Boy Ric Flair, "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan, Bret "Hitman" Hart, the Legion of Doom, Tito Santana, "King" Harley Race and many more.
The two-hour debut episode will feature the following matches:
From Oct. 28, 1991:
- Rowdy Roddy Piper vs. Nature Boy Ric Flair (in Flair's 1st match at MSG in 15 years)
- For the WWE Intercontinental Title -- Bret "Hit man" Hart vs. The Berzerker
- For the WWE Tag Team Championship -- The Legion of Doom vs. The Natural Disasters
From Sept. 22, 1986:
- The Rougeau Brothers vs. The Hart Foundation
- Tito Santana vs. "King" Harley Race
- Hulk Hogan and The Machines vs. King Kong Bundy / Big John Studd / Bobby "The Brain" Heenan (Hogan dons a mask and is, at times, referred to as "Hulk Machine" during this match)
Check your local TV/satellite listings for more information on where you can view WWE Presents Madison Square Garden Classics.