The WarGames Match returns at NXT TakeOver: WarGames in Houston, and WWE.com has the official rules for the massive three-team showdown.
It has been a while – almost 20 years, in fact – since fans have been able to experience a live WarGames Match, so consider this a refresher course. There are also a few added wrinkles to this epic match that you may not see when watching past WarGames clashes on the award-winning WWE Network.
The rules of the match are as follows:
- The three-member teams of SAnitY (Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain), Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly), and The Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) & Roderick Strong will wage war inside a massive steel cage that surrounds TWO rings.
- All three teams will be contained inside separate shark cages by the entranceway, with a member from each team (as chosen by his respective squad) starting the match.
- After five minutes, the remaining members from one team will be released from their shark cage and allowed to enter the match.
- When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members from a second team are released from their shark cage and enter the match.
- Following another three-minute period, the final team’s members are released from their shark cage and enter the match.
- Once all three teams have entered the WarGames Match, a victory can be attained via pinfall or submission.
Don’t miss the historic return of the WarGames Match at NXT TakeOver: WarGames in Houston on Saturday, Nov. 18, at 8 ET/5 PT, streaming live on WWE Network.
WWE Shows Latest Results
Raw results, May 22, 2023: Owens, Zayn and Riddle triumph over Imperium en route to WWE Night of ChampionsFull Results
SmackDown results, May 26, 2023: Cracks in The Bloodline occur during brawl with Zayn and Owens en route to WWE Night of ChampionsFull Results
WWE NXT results, May 23, 2023: Lyra Valkyria and Tiffany Stratton to face off at Battleground for vacant NXT Women's TitleFull Results