WWE Draft begins with Friday Night SmackDown on FOX
SmackDown and Raw are officially on the clock.
A historic WWE Draft gets underway on SmackDown with the future of 30 Superstars to be determined on Friday night’s episode. The preliminary draft pool was released earlier this week on WWE.com, and it revealed that the fates of WWE Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, Roman Reigns, The O.C., “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt and more will be revealed on SmackDown.
It will be a star-studded affair as celebrities from FOX and NBCUniversal will take part in the draft process. Fourteen-time MLB All-Star and FOX analyst Alex Rodriguez, "Saturday Night Live’s" Michael Che and Colin Jost of “Weekend Update” segments, "Mr. Robot's" Christian Slater, “NFL on FOX’s” Joe Buck and Pro Football Hall of Famer Troy Aikman, and “Mad Money” host Jim Cramer are among the headliners set to take part.
Below is the full list of WWE Draft rules:
- Over 70 Superstars, as well as tag teams, are eligible for selection in this year’s WWE Draft
- SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars, and Raw will select another 41 Superstars
- Since SmackDown is a two-hour show and Raw is a three-hour show, for every two picks SmackDown makes, Raw will receive three
- Tag teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick only one Superstar from the team
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing