The Fink Factor: May 1, 2014
With “The Fink Factor,” I will strive to expound on a few items from each week’s episode of “WWE Legends’ House,” and also drop a couple of choice tidbits here and there from my overall experience. Without further ado …
- So what did you think about our bowling opponents, The Desert Queens? Were they not dressed to the nines for their competition against us? Ya think they knew that they were going to be on TV or something? Now, my housemates and I were never a part of the Pro Bowlers Tour, as evidenced by “GutterballMania” running wild in the early going, but alas, it was a case of too little, too late, as the Queens “pinned” the Legends. However, the trophy we won was proudly and prominently displayed on the fireplace mantle for the duration of our stay.
- The blessing that I gave in Hebrew was done on the fly to instill luck and success from the man above onto Roddy Piper, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Tony Atlas and myself as we embarked on producing our Flock o’ Flamingos commercial. Why? Why not! It worked! We won! Mazel Tov!
- An unofficial theme song for that day could have been “I’ve Got You Under My Skin,” based on how Atlas and Jimmy Hart rattled the chains of our respective teams. It got real irritating real fast for both sides, especially Pat Patterson and Gene Okerlund. But at least Pat tried out the car wash firsthand, although not on his own volition!
- Winning the competition felt great (thank you Rhett & Link), but all of us felt like winners when we found out that we were going to go to Las Vegas! After a fair amount of time spent in the house, all eight of us were in agreement that although we did not know why we were Vegas-bound, we couldn’t wait to get there, despite Pat, Gene, Jimmy and Hillbilly taking the trip in a 15-passenger van!
- As Roddy, “Hacksaw,” Tony and I embarked on a five-hour ride to Las Vegas, to the victors went the spoils. Our stretch limo was stopped by a California Highway Patrolman. What happened? I’ll write about it next week, as well as other choice items.
Thanks for reading!