Effective August 9, 2017
Welcome to https://recruit.wwe.com/ ("Site"). The Site is provided by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ("WWE," "we," "us" and "our" etc.). When we refer to "you," we mean each user of the Site. This Site is the first step on your journey of endeavoring to become a WWE Superstar. Providing Personal Information to us through the Site is voluntary. However, if you fail to provide sufficient information, WWE may be unable to consider your application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer or relocation.
This Policy provides information about the privacy and security practices regarding Personal Information collected on the Site. This Policy applies to the Personal Information collected on the Site and, if we contact you after submission of your application for consideration as a potential independent contractor/talent, it will also apply to additional Personal Information collected as you move forward in the application process.
By using the site, registering for an account, or by submitting an application, you agree to all of this Policy without change by you. If you do not want to agree, do not do any of the foregoing activities.
Definitions and links to important details
In addition to other definitions that appear in this Policy, the following terms have the following meanings as used in this Policy:
“Disclose” (and variations such as “Disclosure”) means fulfilling, revealing, displaying, sharing, making available, transferring, selling or leasing or licensing (subject to this Policy and applicable laws).
“Personal information” or “PI” means information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
“Use” means collecting, receiving, accessing (or barring access), verifying or investigating, storing, combining Personal Information.
Law Applicable to Application
We are located in, and the Site is operated from, the United States of America. If you are requested to audition with us, you will do that at our U.S. training facility. Accordingly, any PI you submit to the Site will be collected in the United States and will be subject to U.S. laws. Your PI also may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
We may try to translate our Site into various languages to help visitors understand the Terms and this Policy, but the English version of those documents is the binding version and we do not guarantee the translations. You are responsible for obtaining assistance if any is needed to understand the English version and for compliance with the laws of your country.
What Personal Information may we collect?
Below are examples of types of PI we may collect directly from you. Much of this is part of your application. Any information you submit through the Site must be true, complete and not misleading. Submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to a rejection of your application during the application process or disciplinary action including immediate termination of your Superstar role. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
- Contact PI (such as your name, postal and email address, home and cell phone numbers).
- Qualification PI to help us see if it looks like you might meet our superstar criteria (such as your wrestling, athletic and acting abilities, training, ring name, height, weight, talents and experience; your licenses and professional experience, including photos, and videos. If your video or photos have “metadata” (such as location data) or other information you don’t want us to have, remove it before upload.
- PI you give us that we didn’t ask for, such as PI in a resume, video or photo (including any metadata) that you provide or in other communications from you.
- PI about others such as the name of a reference for you or PI about third parties that might be in a photo or video you send us. By submitting their PI, you certify that you have obtained their permission to do so and their consent to this Policy. Do not supply their PI if you are not authorized to do so.
- PI that is sensitive information. We ask that you avoid submitting the following sensitive information, except where such information is legally required or otherwise requested in connection with your application: race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information. For applicants in the EU, we also ask that you not submit trade union membership information.
To the extent the PI you provide contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; membership in a trade union or political party; physical or mental health or condition; sexual orientation; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; job evaluations or educational records, you expressly authorize WWE to handle such details for the purposes of your application.
- Post Application PI. If we contact you after application submission, we’ll tell you about the next step and will collect additional PI. For example, if we schedule a personal interview, we might collect travel PI. Later steps involve additional PI, e.g., all prospective Superstars are required to pass rigorous medical examinations and extensive background, public nudity and criminal background searches prior to joining WWE.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
- Through the Site: We collect your Personal Information when you submit an application through the Site or send us a request for more information.
- From other people or records such as personal and employer references, acting or athletic organizations, public records and other publicly available sources (including but not limited to lawfully accessible social networks), and from service providers (e.g., in later stages of the Superstar journey, service providers such as consumer reporting agencies will do background checks as permitted by applicable law).
- From physical facilities. We might also collect or receive PI from technologies other than the Site. For example, if you interview or audition at a physical facility, you will supply PI in order to gain access and your image might be captured on cameras (internal or external).
How do we Use and Disclose the Personal Information we collect?
We will use or Disclose collected PI in connection with your WWE Superstars application and for all purposes described in this Policy or inherent in finding, investigating, engaging using, terminating and otherwise dealing with independent contractors in general and each potential or retained Superstar. That includes Disclosures relating to our existing and future business missions, operations, obligations and rights, and also engaging in the activities (and related activities) for which we collect the PI. For example (without limitation), we may Use and/or Disclose PI for the following purposes:
- to process your application;
- to assess your capabilities and qualifications for a Superstar role;
- to conduct reference checks;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you related information;
- to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- to third party service providers that provide services such as hosting and operating the Site, recruiting assistance, background check processing, and similar services;
- to personalize your experience on the Site;
- for security, anti-fraud, authentication and verification purposes, including (without limitation) searching public records or publicly available information (such as information on the Internet that the public can see);
- to Third Party Services (see “What Third Party Services may we use”);
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- for other purposes that are not in this Policy but that are indicated in connection with collection of the PI (e.g., such as in a consent form provided before doing a background check or in any contract for your services if we ask you to become a WWE Superstar).
Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to make all lawful uses of PI worldwide.
The information about you will be added to our international Superstar candidate database and may be used to consider you for other talent opportunities at WWE. If you do not wish us to do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Process and Related Disclosures
By “legal process” we mean things that we might have to comply with by law. Examples include things like subpoenas (private, grand jury or other), warrants, identity theft requests, requests for information about an anonymous speaker, investigative demands (from law enforcement, regulators or others), or national or international security letters or demands etc. We will comply as required by law. We also reserve the right voluntarily to cooperate with the requesting party or to comply if we think that may help protect someone (including you, us or others) or some property (of ours, yours, or others).
Sometimes the law will preclude us from telling you about the legal process. In other circumstances we might be allowed to tell you but it might not be practical or inadvisable to do so. We will determine in our sole discretion whether to make an allowed contact (e.g., we might give you notice of a subpoena so that you can go to court and obtain an order allowing us not comply -- but we might not make contact if there is concern that such might facilitate potential harm). You agree that we may do all of the foregoing.
What about cookies and other Technologies?
We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals at this time.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically through our Services and store such information in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Social Media Features
Facebook Connect or other OpenID provider
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an OpenID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Information with us such as your name and e-mail address to pre-populate our sign-up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our Services to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Third Party Ad Servers and Advertisements
Ads appearing on our websites may be delivered to you by DoubleClick, or by other third party advertising companies. Information about your visits to our websites and third party websites, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, date/time at which the ads were shown, the advertisers' cookies (browser or Flash) or other technologies, and the IP address of the computer you use is used to serve ads to you on our websites. We do not have access to the cookies that may be placed by our third party advertising companies. We share website usage information about visitors to our websites with these companies for our purposes, and for their purposes, which include – for example – managing and targeting advertisements, measuring their effectiveness, and for market research analysis. For these purposes, we and third-party advertising companies we use may note the pages you visit on our sites. For more information about DoubleClick, please see http://www.google.com/doubleclick/ and http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
What Third Party Services may we use?
We also use Third Party Services to help us analyze what you and others do at our Site and to do everything else that we may lawfully do with PI or other information. That data tends to be stored on the third party’s servers and analyzed to provide reports and information to us. An example would be companies that provide data analytic services to us such as Google Analytics.
We also use Third Party Services to help us track Site visitors. Third Party Services may use Technologies to do this. The Third Party Services may do this for our benefit, or for the benefit of third parties. For example, we use Google's DoubleClick service. For more information about the privacy practices associated with DoubleClick, please visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/. You may be able to opt out of some of the cookies used by Third Party Services by using the options available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, although we do not guarantee that such elections will work as desired.
What about security of Personal Information?
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE PROVIDE THE SECURITY AS IS, AND DISCLAIM ANY (IF ANY) IMPLIED WARRANTIES, DUTIES OR CONDITIONS.
Do not send sensitive information to us via email. It is your sole responsibility to use the appropriate level of care whenever you communicate with us. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us at email@example.com.
WWE hereby disclaims, as far as permitted by local laws, any liability for itself and its affiliates and contractors for any PI we collect in connection with your application that is lost, misused, illegally accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed or not timely delivered to the Site.
How can you access, change or suppress your Personal Information?
If you register on the Site and want to update, correct or delete PI that we hold about you, you may use the Site functionality that lets you review and edit your entries. Your profile will be used as the default the next time you apply for a Superstar opening using your account online. To change PI that you have already submitted for consideration for a specific Superstar opening, please update your profile and resubmit your application for that position. We encourage you to promptly update your PI if it changes or is inaccurate. You can and should update your contact information so that we can reach you.
For other changes, you may request access to PI we collect, or its modification or suppression, where permitted by applicable law. You may make a request for us to update eligible PI by writing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable law requires us to accept requests by other means, please email that address to learn about them.
In your request, please make clear what PI you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have PI that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your PI. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that certain PI may be exempt from such access, correction, or suppression rights pursuant to local data protection laws.
Currently, we do not charge for responding to such requests, but reserve the right to do so. If we have a duty to require third parties to delete or cease using PI, you agree that we may satisfy it by sending them notice to do so.
How long do we keep PI?
We will retain PI for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may also retain your information for the purpose of considering whether your skills are suitable for other Superstar opportunities. If you do not wish us to do this, please email us at email@example.com. We may remove PI for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, WWE may delete PI about you (including your application) from our database at any time and without providing any reason. Therefore, please retain your own copy of the PI provided to us.
Notice of a Security Breach
If we or any of our service providers are required to provide notice of unauthorized access to, Use of, or other Disclosure of PI about you, you agree that to the extent allowed under applicable law, we (or they) may do so voluntarily or when required by posting notice on the Site, sending notice to an e-mail or other “e” address we have for you (or that you have authorized for other communications) or by any other method allow by law or contract, in our (or their) sole discretion.
What about children?
This Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we and we request that they not provide PI through the Site. We do not accept applications from minors. WWE Superstars must be over the age at which they may enter into a legally binding contract with us under the law of any state or jurisdiction of which they are a citizen.
What about identity theft?
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, you might be entitled by law to request certain information from us. You can do this by writing us at Our Legal Notices Address. If we receive a request, we will then explain what information we require in order to respond. Once we have all of the required information, we will supply, without charge, any information that we then have which we are legally required to provide (subject to applicable law, and reserving all rights and defenses).
What about changes to this Policy?
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.