With the help of Fearless Nikki, Sophia Grace explodes on the scene with a very unique introduction to the WWE Universe.12/06/2016 - 23:30
The new SmackDown Women's Champion gets an uninvited guest at her title celebration in the form of The Irish Lass Kicker.12/06/2016 - 22:30
After a verbal altercation between Breezango and American Alpha earlier in the night, Chad Gable battles an insulted Tyler Breeze.12/06/2016 - 22:15
Days after their brutal Chairs Match at WWE TLC, The Lone Wolf once again squares off against Kalisto.12/06/2016 - 22:00
Excited about her new single "Hollywood," due out this January and featuring several female Superstars in her music video, Sophia Grace throws her support behind Fearless Nikki.12/06/2016 - 21:45
Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley go head-to-head against Konnor & Viktor in a SmackDown LIVE tag team showdown.12/06/2016 - 21:45
See what happened on SmackDown LIVE after The Princess of Staten Island accused Natalya of being Nikki Bella's mysterious attacker at Survivor Series.12/06/2016 - 21:15
Beauty & The Man Beast look to reclaim the SmackDown Tag Team Championship from The New Wyatt Family in a WWE TLC rematch. Teaser: Beauty & The Man Beast look for another fairytale ending in SmackDown Tag Team rematch.12/06/2016 - 21:00
Following Ellsworth's betrayal of Dean Ambrose at WWE TLC, The Lunatic Fringe dishes out some payback on the chinless Superstar.12/06/2016 - 21:00
"Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions"
PC version in stores: Dec. 30
In stores now for PS3, Wii, X360, DS
In Spider-Man's latest virtual outing, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Activision tweaks the typical "beat up the bad guys and save the city" superhero storyline to spin a tale that spans four dimensions. But are four different Spideys really better than one? Sit tight, true believers. As Nexus leader Wade Barrett can attest, there's power in numbers.
- Spidey must prevent devious illusionist Mysterio (the dome-headed dude, not Rey) from getting his hands on a tablet that's been split across four alternate realities based on different comic book universes: "Amazing Spider-Man," "Spider-Man 2099," "Ultimate Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man Noir." Each dimension has a unique visual style and seeing different versions of Spidey's allies and adversaries is a real treat for hardcore Marvel Comics fans.
- "With great power comes great responsibility," and Spidey's legendary motto rings true across all four "shattered" dimensions in this game. Spider-Man's various powers are great, keeping the gameplay fresh throughout.
- Each dimension houses several bonus challenges that allow you to upgrade Spidey's attributes and unlock bonus costumes, including his Spider-Armor (introduced in issue #100 of Web of Spider-Man for you geeks out there) and his anime-inspired look from the Marvel Mangaverse.
- As cool as it is to do "whatever a spider can" across alternate realities, there's not much of a plot to keep the player engaged. Spidey goes after the tablet pieces to thwart Mysterio, fighting bad guys along the way, and that's about it. As The Miz might ask, "Really!?"
- Pitted against the likes of Kraven the Hunter, the Vulture and Carnage, we also found ourselves all too frequently battling Shattered Dimensions' awkward, buggy camera. "You can't see me" is John Cena's catchphrase: Not Spidey's.
- Shattered Dimensions has variety, from the different incarnations of Spider-Man to the varied environments to the impressive number of villains and supporting characters that make their way into the game. That said, the core beat-em-up combat tends to get a little stale during long play sessions.